- This event has passed.
The Discovery Deck
March 24 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 7:00 pm on Thursday, repeating until March 24, 2022
The Discovery Deck
Uma Joy and Kelly Bonsall are excited to deepen our relationships with Intuition, Inner Knowing and our Muses – and to share that information, creative process and exploration with you.
Let’s do this together as we make our own Discovery Decks – like our own Oracle cards.
A 4 weeks series of Creativity making our Discovery Decks – The Discovery Deck workshop will guide you in creating wisdom oracle cards that reflect art and language in response to deeply meaningful inquiries. Each month we will choose a theme and a new art technique to share. We will draw, paint, collage, and play as we reflect and deepen our access to our Intuition. We will connect with the inner voice – the Muse Within – and discover the messages waiting for us. Are you ready to hear it?
Our New Approach to Art Journaling will allow each of us to create a deck of meaningful oracle cards to use in our daily lives – reminding us of the Inner Wisdom that has arisen. Each month a new series will start. Join us for 1 or more 4 week sessions that will add your your oracle deck.
Each event will be recorded so you can join us “Live-Time” (more fun) or watch in your own timing. Sometimes the time zones don’t work in our favor though technology is a blessing that allows us to share. Live has the beautiful asset of connection and sharing when desired. Witnessing and being witnessed is so valuable – though no one is ever required to do so.
Absolutely no experience needed.
The supply list is simple:
- The Discover Deck Workshop can be done with any mark-making tools you have available.
- Preferable is some 140# watercolor paper. This can be in the form of large sheet (hot pressed is smooth and cold pressed is bumpy) or from a packet of watercolor paper. We will be tearing it into smaller sizes that work with what you have. You will want enough that you can have 8 cards for each month – cards can be 5″X8″, 6″x8″, 8″ x10″ – whatever works for you and we will discuss that the first night before we tear them together. As an example: for 8 5″x8″ cards you would want at least a 16″ x 20″ size paper, or if it is in a block or tablet – 2 sheets of 10″ x 16″ or 4 sheets 8″ x 10″. CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS HERE. .
- permanent/waterproof pen (sharpie ultra-fine and fine tip)
- Markers (watercolor and/or permanent)
- Colored Pencils
- watercolors (simple palette is good)
- Acrylics a small variety of colors (we love Golden but Blick and other brands are fine)
- paintbrushes: a few different sizes
- Mod Podge or acrylic gel medium
- any other collaging or template stencils or fun art supplies that call to you
Monthly Session Series of 4: $68 (that’s only $17 per class)
WHEN: On Zoom every Thursday evening: First Series starts March 3. 6-7:30pm PT (7-8:30pm MT, 8-9:30pm CT, 9-10:30 ET – USA) (time converter)
No one turned away for lack of funds.
Questions? email UmaJoyHealingArt@gmail.com
Intuitive Art by Kelly Bonsall